Error 'PDF generation failed' When Attaching a Custom Print Template to an Email for a Project Number That Includes Special Characters
(Doc ID 2399597.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2019
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 17.7 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 17.7 to 17.12]
Primavera Unifier - Version 17.7 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 17.7 to 17.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating and advancing a Workflow Type Business Process (BP) record to the next step, an email to specified users is received but the PDF Attachment with custom formatting is not attached. In the background job server, the following error is logged:
2017-11-02 10:30:57,367-07:00 [P1ClusterScheduler-2] ERROR util.AttachmentGenerator ~~ PDF generation failed ... ~
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into the Unifier Environment.
- Navigate to the appropriate workspace > Create Record > Process it through Workflow to the anticipated step.
- The Task Email is sent, but the expected PDF file is not attached.
- Note the reported error in the log file.
This configuration is setup in the Workflow Setup for the Business Process at the Project/Shell level:
- Navigate to the Project/Shell > Admin Mode > Business Process.
- Select the BP > Workflow Setu.
- Open the workflow schema (unique combination of Setup Name + Workflow Name) window > Settings Tab.
- Choose the applicable Step > Email Notification section > Email Attachments.
- Verify Include Record Information as attachment and Override Default format are enabled/checked and the "Custom" radio button is selected with a Custom Template picked from the pull-down.
The Custom Templates populated in this pull-down are supplied from the following page:
- Navigate to Company Workspace > Admin Mode > Configuration > Business Process.
- Choose the BP.
- Open the Custom Print Tab.
This is older functionality and it is preferable to create and use templates with BI Publisher, but if desired it can be done this way with the following condition: The custom template must be saved in Microsoft Word '2003 XML Document (*.xml)' format.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document