Important Notice: Legacy Employee Website (EWS) Discontinued as of 19A in February 2019
(Doc ID 2400808.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2019
Applies to:Oracle TBE Onboarding Cloud Service - Version 18B and later
Oracle TBE Performance Management Cloud Service - Version 18B and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The legacy Employee Website (EWS) will be discontinued for all existing customers as of the 19A release in February of 2019. You should set up your Talent Center as soon as possible in order to prepare for this change. Videos and knowledge documents discussing customization of widgets and page layouts are available for the Talent Center. Administering a Talent Center is very easy and user-friendly. The widgets that you need to add depend on the services you have enabled.
A great starting point is Moving from the Legacy Employee Website to the Talent Center (Doc ID 2460263.1), which includes a 'Moving to the Talent Center' PDF document.
A Talent Center chapter is also available in the Help guide for all Taleo Business Edition products:
1. Select the Help menu, located to the top right of the TBE screen (near the Logout button).
2. Click Help Recruit, Help OnBoard/OffBoard, or Help Perform (based on your TBE product). The searchable, printable User Guide will open in a new window.
3. In the User Guide window's Content tab, click the Taleo Business Edition User Guide link.
4. From the list of available topics, click the Administration link.
5. Click the Talent Center topic link, and review related sub-topics (Managing a Talent Center, Configuring Content on the Talent Center, etc.)
Here are some suggested action items you should take as you prepare for this transition:
• Add widgets not already on the page.
• Customize list views as needed
• Customize page layouts as needed
• Add background images and static HTML to the page to further customize the page
• Customize a theme if different colors are preferred
• Assign sample onboarding tasks, or reviews and goals to employees for a round of testing, or ask certain employees to complete their actual items from the Talent Center. It is best to provide them with the direct URL to the Talent Center during the testing.
• Update your system templates to include links to the Talent Center instead of the EWS. Adjust wording as necessary. Refer to the document on the Resource Center called ‘Updating System Email Templates with Talent Center links’ for suggestions. You may also want to include links to both the EWS and the Talent Center during your testing period.
• Check the ‘Make Talent Center the default website for Employees’ once you are ready to move over. This setting will change the Quick Access menu to direct Employees to the Talent Center from within TBE.
• If you wish to have multiple Talent Centers, set the Preferred Talent Center for those Employees that you prefer to access a Talent Center other than the default (please note that Talent Centers can support multiple languages, but you may wish to have one for interns, one for contractors, etc.).
You may post questions and concerns on Customer Connect: https://cloudcustomerconnect.oracle.com/
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document