Visualizer & P6 Client - Non-indented Groupings Do Not Follow Hierarchical Order.
Last updated on MAY 18, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Visualizer & P6 Client - Non-indented groupings do not follow hierarchical order.
It has been noticed (across a variety of Projects and Activity Codes) that when Grouping by an Activity Code, you will often get a different order of the groupings (or bands) if you do not have indent ticked. When indent is ticked, the groups are usually ordered by the order defined in the hierarchy of the Activity Code.
For Grouping by Activity Codes to Sort the bands based on how it is setup in the dictionary.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Project.
2. Add 8 Activities.
3. Create a New Global Activity Code.
4. Create several Code Values making sure there are at least 2 levels for a couple of the Values:
5. Moved around the codes so the order was different than when created:
6. Grouped the Layout by the Code with indent not ticked.
7. Client showed the sort order of the bands as it is in the Dictionary (for customer's Project it does not and is different than what Visualizer shows).
8. Go to Tools, Visualizer.
9. Open Project and create new Layout with Group & Sort with Code with indent not ticked.
10. Save and Draw in Visualizer and the sort order of the bands are different than the Code Dictionary.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot Group the Layout as desired.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms