SPSA Fair Distribution Working Incorrectly
Last updated on MAY 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management Enterprise Edition Cloud Service - Version 8.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SPSA fair distribution is not working correctly.
- WMS did not take into account the store priority when doing rounds of distribution when there is insufficient inventory to distribute among ‘n’ stores.
- WMS takes into account the vendor% level or ASN % received for not verified or verified ASNs accordingly: it applies the % to the order qty, yes, but is not doing the subsequent rounds for the 2nd LPN received and so on.
Instead, system tries to reach the base order_qty as soon as possible with inventory scanned.
- In the scenario before ASN verification we set up vendor%level to 10% for 4 stores, 1 order each, priorities from 1 to 4, and it distributed 1 case = 10 units to all stores , but then for store 1 (its order was created first) system tried to reach the order qty as soon as possible, despite the highest priority is for store 4.
- If % was set to 80% system distributed 80% to store 1 (lowest priority) and then 20 units for store 2, 2nd lowest priority and the rest stores were left with no inventory. So as per this test seems that fair distribution is being applied backwards.
- In order to determine which order is more important for fair distribution, system is taking into account order_priority. It should consider the store_priority from Facilities screen
- Also system is not taking care of allocating at least one UOM for every store when the available inventory in the LPN is not sufficient. So it should allocate first orders with zero qty allocate
- Then it should allocate orders that have less than the “new calculated qty” allocated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms