WIP Valuation Report Balance Does Not Match GL Balance On WIP Valuation Account
(Doc ID 2402773.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Cost Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Cost Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a difference between the Ledger Balance on accounts capturing the WIP balance, and the balance as shown in WIP Inventory Valuation Report.
WIP Inventory Valuation Report total will match with the balance on natural accounts that is classified for WIP balance.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run the Transfer Transactions from Production to Costing
2. Navigate Costing > Cost Accounting
3. Tasklist > Create Cost Accounting Distributions
4. Search for cost org and cost book.
5. The cut off date is set to end of the month
6. Click on Scheduled Process > Click Submit on "Create Cost Accounting Distributions" job
7. Run the 'Create Accounting' in Final Mode
8. Once Journals created, General Accounting > Period Close, from task list pick 'Inquire on Detail Balances'
9. Review the account balances for all accounts that belong to WIP Valuation in the end of the period
10. A difference is seen in the WIP Valuation (Accounted Version) vs GL Balance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document