When Finish Milestones Are Added to a Baseline, Their Baseline Dates Are Set Equal to the Data Date Instead of Their Actual Dates From the Current Schedule.
(Doc ID 2405418.1)
Last updated on JUNE 26, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Finish Milestones are added to a Baseline, the dates are taking on the Data Date rather than their Actual date from the Current Schedule.
Expect dates on the Finish Milestones to take on the date in the Current Schedule.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into P6 Web.
- Verify Earned Value setting set to use At Completion Dates and not Planned Dates.
- Create a Project.
- Add an Activity.
- Create a Baseline and assign to Project.
- Create 3 new Activities (Start Milestone, Task Dependent, Finish Milestone).
- Link Activities and Schedule Project.
- Enable Actual Start/Finishes on 3 created Activities.
- Schedule the Project, using a Data Date later than the latest finishing Activity (the Finish Milestone).
- Update Baseline on all Activities with following options enabled:
- Add new Activities and Activity data (except actuals).
- Run Optimized.
- Ignore Last Update Date.
- Dates, Duration, and Data Date (in Update Options)
- In Activities view, add columns for Baseline Start/Finish.
- Notice Finish Milestone date is the DD.
- Run Update Baseline again with the same options against all Activities.
- Finish Milestone date now matches the Actual date in the Current Schedule.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!