Intermittent Services Access In The Cloud
(Doc ID 2406615.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2019
Applies to:Corente Cloud Services Exchange - Version 9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is experiencing intermittent connectivity to some hosts in their OCI-C environment. This case covers the following symptoms:
1) Customer is experiencing intermittent connectivity to some hosts in OCI-C, but not all.
2) Customer is using VPN as a Service (VPNaaS) in an Active-Active High Availability (HA) configuration. Note: This requires two separate VPNaaS gateways.
3) One of the VPNaaS gateways does not have an active tunnel, and one of the VPNaaS gateways does have an active tunnel.
4) The VPNaaS with an inactive tunnel has phase 1 completing, phase 2 is not completing. Note: it is not recommended that the customer intentionally keep one of their VPN tunnels in a "broken" state in any way to simulate active-passive. This is outside of the intended and designed function of VPNaaS HA.
5) In troubleshooting traffic flow on both VPNaaS gateways, no traffic is seen on the gre2 interface of either gateway.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document