Intermittent Services Access In The Cloud
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2018
Applies to:Corente Cloud Services Exchange - Version 9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is experiencing intermittent connectivity to some hosts in their OCI-C environment. This case covers the following symptoms:
1) Customer is experiencing intermittent connectivity to some hosts in OCI-C, but not all.
2) Customer is using VPN as a Service (VPNaaS) in an Active-Active High Availability (HA) configuration. Note: This requires two separate VPNaaS gateways.
3) One of the VPNaaS gateways does not have an active tunnel, and one of the VPNaaS gateways does have an active tunnel.
4) The VPNaaS with an inactive tunnel has phase 1 completing, phase 2 is not completing. Note: it is not recommended that the customer intentionally keep one of their VPN tunnels in a "broken" state in any way to simulate active-passive. This is outside of the intended and designed function of VPNaaS HA.
5) In troubleshooting traffic flow on both VPNaaS gateways, no traffic is seen on the gre2 interface of either gateway.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms