Error: "This Is Not a Valid Project" When Importing New Tasks From Microsoft Project in Instantis EnterpriseTrack
(Doc ID 2408313.1)
Last updated on JUNE 25, 2018
Applies to:Instantis EnterpriseTrack Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Instantis EnterpriseTrack - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After exporting a Project from EnterpriseTrack to Microsoft Project (MSP, MS Project) the user is adding new tasks in MSP by copying/pasting entire rows from other, different versions of the same Instantis EnterpriseTrack Project. This will result in the error "This is not a valid project" while importing back into Instantis EnterpriseTrack.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open a Project in EnterpriseTrack
- Select Import/Export Module
- Export the Project to MS Project
- In Microsoft Project open a second different version of the same project
- Highlight an entire row and copy and paste to the just exported Project
- Save, and import updated project back to EnterpriseTrack
- Result: Error "This is not a valid project" and import fails
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!