OAC-Essbase: Provision Report Not Displaying Group Inherited Calc Scripts
Last updated on JUNE 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Analytics Cloud Service - Version 17.4.5 to 18.1.3 [Release 17 to 18]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Provision report does not display the calc scripts a group has been provisioned for. User's in the group are able to execute the calc scripts from Smart View.
Steps done to replicate:
1. From main screen, select Security, created 3 new groups:
- NDChildGroup - made this a child of the NDParentGroup
2. Connect to Sample -> Security.
3. Provision NDParentGroup with Database Update role.
4. Confirm by running a provision Report on the three groups.
- NDParentGroup has Database Access and Database Update roles, no Filters or Scripts
- NDChildGroup inherits Database Access and Database Update roles from NDParentGroup
- NDNewGroup has no roles, filters or scripts.
5. Select Sample/Basic -> Provisioning. Select NDChildGroup and provision calc scripts (select a few).
6. From main screen, select Security and create 3 new users, NDCalc1, NDCalc2, NDCalc3.
7. Edit NDCalc1 and add to NDChildGroup and NDNewGroup.
8. Select Sample/Basic -> Security -> Search. Select NDCalc1 -> Provision Report. No calc scripts listed.
9. Using Smart View, login using NDCalc1 and connect to Sample/Basic. Ad hoc analysis.
10. Click on Calculate, calc scripts assigned to the NDChildGroup are available to run.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms