Export XER Will Not Overwrite Existing File With Client Side Cache Disabled
(Doc ID 2415660.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When exporting a project to overwrite an existing XER file, a new file is not created if client-side cache is disabled.
Existing project XER should be over written as directed no matter what client-side cache setting is selected.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Steps to replicate:
- Log in to P6 Professional for EPPM CloudConnect with client-side cache disabled and open project A
- File > Export .xer to a location
- Close project A, open project B
- File > Export .xer to same location with same filename
- On 'would you like to overwrite existing' popup, select yes
- File export message showing successful shows, click close.
- Import .xer to standalone/test
- Notice project A gets imported, not project B
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document