Placed Order Emails Using placed_order_v1 Email Template, Not Sending For Some Products With Variants Type Example: Color.
Last updated on JULY 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Cloud Service - Version N/A to N/A
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : NA version, Storefront
Placed Order Emails Using placed_order_v1 Email Template, Not Sending For Some Products With a Variant Type Example: Color only
Using the placed_order_v1 email template. The order placed emails it generates are only being received when certain types of products are purchased.
Steps below to reproduce the issue. These steps first direct you to purchase a product which successfully triggers an order placed email, and then directs you to purchase a product which doesn't trigger an email.
1. Go to our storefront, pick a product.
2. On the PDP, select any color and any size.
3. Click Add to Bag.
4. Go to the checkout page.
5. Checkout as a guest and then click Place Order.
6. Receive an order confirmation email at the email address specified during checkout.
7. Go back to the site homepage, pick another product (with one variant type example, color).
8. On the PDP, select any color.
9. Click Add to Bag.
10. Go to the checkout page.
11. Checkout as a guest and then click Place Order.
12. The order will complete successfully, but no order placed email will be received at the email address specified during checkout.
The first product in this example has both size and color variant types while the second product only has a color variant type.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms