The role category is read-only once the role is created
(Doc ID 2421522.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 11.13.18.02.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 11.13.18.02.0 version, Accounts, Contacts, Households
On the custom object security page, only custom roles with the role category "CRM - Job Role" are shown. In Security Console, the role category is read-only once the role is created. The custom role created with a role category of "Default" cannot be changed to "CRM - Job Role".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Sign-on to Sales Cloud application
2. Navigate to Tools > Application Composer
3. Expand Objects > Custom Objects > [Custom Object name] > Security
4. Only custom roles with role category "CRM - Job Role" are shown
5. Navigate to Tools > Security Console
6. Search for the custom role
7. Edit the role
8. The Role Category = Default and cannot be changed.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use the custom role in custom objects security.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document