Unable To Access OCI Compute UEK Maintenance Mode Via Serial Console
(Doc ID 2426748.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Version N/A to N/A [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Instance is not allowing access to Maintenance Mode boot setup when using Serial Console.
- This was validated using UEK 6.9 and 7.4 in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute. Both UEK versions are not able to properly boot into Maintenance Mode.
- The process "To boot into maintenance mode" from the below documentation link does not properly complete. (A documentation bug has been submitted)
- Attempting to boot into UEK 6.9:
- The Boot Process hangs here and never continues into the Linux maintenance mode.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!