Error: "Secure Global Desktop. Failed to Start or Download Secure Global Desktop Client Component"
(Doc ID 2428338.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service
When attempting to launch Primavera Virtual Desktop (Secure Global Desktop),
the following error occurs.
Secure Global Desktop
Failed to start or download Secure Global Desktop Client Component
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to the Oracle Primavera Cloud Portal
- Click on the Primavera Virtual Desktop link
- Secure Global Desktop web page opens
- Message appears "This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep sgd-webstart.jnlp anyway?".
- sgd-webstart.jnlp icon appears.
- Run the sgd-webstart.jnlp file to start Secure Global Desktop.
- Secure Global Desktop "loading" page appears then message appears "Secure Global Desktop. Failed to start or download Secure Global Desktop Client Component. This may be due to your web browser security settings. If problems persist, contact a Secure Global Desktop Administrator."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document