Lag in Days Does Not Calculate Correctly in Standard View.
(Doc ID 2434012.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Standard View is not setting Lag correctly when converting from Days to Hours.
For Lag to convert Days to Hours correctly using the Calendar defined for the Activity.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Administration, Enterprise Data, Global Calendars.
2. Add a new Calendar with defined Standard Work Week of 10h M-F.
3. On Summary Tab, make sure under Time Periods, Hours/Day is set to 10.
4. Go to Administration, Application Settings, Time Periods.
5. Make sure 'Use assigned calendar to specify the number of work hours for each time period' is selected.
6. Add a New Project.
7. Select the Gear Icon next to the Project and go to Set Project Preferences.
8. Make sure the new calendar set in step 2 above is assigned to the new Project. Select Ok.
9. Add two activities to the Project with 5 days Duration.
10. Assign Act 1 as FS Pred to Act 2 with 3 day lag.
12. Notice that Act 2 is starting later in the day than planned.
13. Edit User Preferences, Global, Display Format to have Duration Format set to hours.
14. View the relationship on Act 2 and notice that the Lag shows as 24 instead of 30.
The issue has the following business impact:
P6 does not calculate Lag correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document