Schedule Sheet Dependent Activity Start Time Does Not Change When Preceding Activity Duration Is Shortened
(Doc ID 2437835.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2018
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Primavera Unifier - Version 9.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a Schedule Sheet, when a user increases the Duration of a preceding Activity ID, the Dependent Activity Start date changes by a corresponding amount. However, when the Duration of the preceding Activity ID is decreased, the Start date of the Dependent activity does not change to match.
Increasing or decreasing the duration of a preceding activity should cause the start date of the dependent activity to change correspondingly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following example steps:
- Log into a Unifier environment.
- Navigate to a Project / Shell where the issue was observed > Node > Schedule Sheets and open a Schedule Sheet.
- For Activity Id= 3, Duration is 3 days, beginning 07/01/2018 and ending 07/03/2018; Activity ID 4 Start Date is 07/04/2018 as it is dependent on the completion of Activity ID 3.
- Change the Duration of Activity ID 3 to 5 days. The End date of Activity Id 3 changes to 07/05/2018 and the Id 4 activity Start Date changes to 07/6/2018 as it is the next dependent activity.
- Change the Duration of Activity ID 3 back to 3 days. The Begin/End of Activity ID goes back to 07/1/2018 and 07/3/2018. However, the ID 4 activity Start Date does not go back to 07/04/2018 (i.e. what it was prior to the change in duration of Activity ID 3).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document