Model Level Update in CPQ Cloud Does Not Update Quote Product in Salesforce Through Standard Quote Product Upsert Integration
(Doc ID 2444018.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 18 A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With the standard SalesForce(SFDC) Managed Package, Quote Products will be updated if line items are reconfigured. However, if a Quote Product is added based on the model instead of the line items, the Quote Product will not update when the model is reconfigured.
The following steps can be taken to reproduce this behavior:
- Create a new quote through SalesForce
- Add Line Items to the quote
- For this issue, only the model is added to the quote with prices. A Part is associated to this model so that a Quote Product is created on the SalesForce Quote based on the Part Number.
- Return to Opportunity in SalesForce and observe a Quote Product on the quote.
- Click "Edit Quote" and reconfigure the model.
- Change the Model then save to the quote so that the model will be mapping to a different Part.
- Return to Opportunity and observe that the Quote Product is not updated. The Product name is updated however, when opening this part it is still mapping to the previous Oracle CPQ Cloud Part Number.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!