Oracle SmartView: OBIEE Provider / Extension Not Installed
(Doc ID 2444075.1)
Last updated on JUNE 25, 2020
Applies to:Primavera Analytics Cloud Service - Version 18.7 and later
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to "Create new connection" within Excel --> Smart View, "Oracle BIEE" is not an available connection provider type.
"Oracle BI EE" should be an available connection provider type from within Excel --> Smart View --> Create new connection.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Access the Primavera Cloud environment and click "Primavera Analytics login".
- From the "Download BI Desktop Tools (drop-down)", select "Smart View for MS Office".
- From http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/smart-view-for-office/overview/index.html, click "Download latest version" of "Oracle Smart View for Office"
- Download svc11125800.zip. Extract files. Run setup.exe to install.
- Launch Excel and observe the Smart View ribbon is visible.
- Select the Smart View [tab] --> Panel --> Private connections.
- Click the drop-down and select "Create new connection".
- Observe Smart View HTTP Provider is visible, but, OBIEE is not.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, the user cannot create a new connection for Oracle BI EE provider type.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document