Unable to Access OCI Compute From My Services Dashboard After Admin Password Is Changed In IDCS
(Doc ID 2444551.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Version N/A and later
Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. An administrator has reset their password in Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) Console and is sent an email with the reset password link:
2. Click the link and create a new password:
3. "Click here to continue" link to log into IDCS successfully, but no applications are shown:
4. Open cloud.oracle.com > Choose "Sign In" at the top > Choose "Cloud Account with Identity Cloud Service" option > Login works successfully
5. At the Dashboard navigate to the left expanding menu: choose Services > Compute
6. Redirected to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) login page:
7. When you put in the new password, it fails: "Your account has been blocked due to too many failed login attempts. Contact your administrator to fix the issue."
Password has been changed in IDCS console.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!