Printing Images Saved on a Shared Drive Display Only for the Last User That Set the Path When Using Primavera Virtual Desktop
(Doc ID 2447317.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 to 18.7 [Release 16.2 to 18.7]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Printed images on a shared network drive are only displaying for the user that actually set the full path for the shared image in the layout.
Printed images on network drive should display for all that use the project layout.
STEPS TO DUPLICATE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Note: This issue requires Primavera Virtual Desktop (PVD) to replicate.
- Users have a shared network drive mapped to a local drive letter, say S:.
- They store a logo file (.png) on that shared network drive.
- A user then sets the page setup options of a global layout to have a footer that contains the logo.
- He does in P6 Pro running in PVD.
- When browsing to the .png, he chooses the automatically-mapped folder which maps to his locally mapped S: drive, and chooses the file.
- He saves the layout, and logo continues to show up fine in Print Preview.
- But, other users that have the same drive letter mapped open the same layout and do NOT see the logo.
- Only if they go in and set the path again themselves will they see the logo.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document