Enter Character (CR LF) Between Text in Recommended Parts List Field Deselects the Part on Update
(Doc ID 2466764.1)
Last updated on MAY 28, 2021
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 18 B and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a text area attribute is used in an Advanced Recommended Items rule as a comment for an optional Part and it contains an enter [CR][LF] when the "Update" button is clicked in Config, the part is getting unchecked thus not added to the quote.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use or add a text area attribute in configurator
- Create a recommended item rule which adds a part using the text area attribute to populate the part comment. This can be an advanced BML function or a table based rule
- Make sure the comment is defined in the "Templates for the Recommended Items Page" to appear (not hidden) in the recommended parts list
- Open "configuration options" admin page and set the "Select Recommended Items by Default" to "No".
- Run the configurator
- Enter a text with a line break in the text area attribute
- Observe the part to appear in the recommended parts list with the comment text you entered into the text area. Note that the line break is lost (because this is HTML). The part is not selected (by default because of the setting).
- Select the part
- Click on update
- The part gets unselected, but other parts which do not have line breaks in comment remain selected
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document