Web Service: Project Classification For New Project Does Not Inherit Default Value From Project Template
(Doc ID 2468063.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Project Foundation Cloud Service - Version 11.13.18.05.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Project Classification, Project Template, Web Service, Project, ProjectDefinitionPublicServiceV2
- When using Web Service to create a new Project from a project template, the default Class Code for Class Category under Project Classifications does not get inherited from the template.
- This happens only for a project template; for another template, the Class Code of Class Category is properly created for the new projects.
- Verified under task 'Manage Project Class Categories' that for the Class Codes are defined for the respective Class Category. Also, on tab 'Project Types', the project type is added for the Class Category.
- For the problem projects, an exception message is displayed on the Manage Financial Project Settings page, for the Class Code which is missing:
"You must add this class category to submit the project for approval."
Project WSDL URL used: https://(FADomain,FSCMServices)/fscmService/ProjectDefinitionPublicServiceV2?WSDL
with createProject operation.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Create a new project based on existing project template using Web Service URL: https://(FADomain,FSCMServices)/fscmService/ProjectDefinitionPublicServiceV2?WSDL
2. The project template is setup with Project type = US Project, Class Category = Regime, Class Code = Handover.
3. Find that on the front end, the new project got created with Class Category = Regime, Class Code = null and an exception is displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document