Conditional Filtering Does Not Route a Business Process Workflow Correctly
(Doc ID 2473460.1)
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2019
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 18.8 to 18.8 [Release 18.8]
Primavera Unifier - Version 18.8 to 18.8 [Release 18.8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a Document type Business Process, if a filter assignee is set in a Data Element (DE), when the field is populated with a user the record will go to that user in the next step of the workflow. If no value is entered for that DE filter, the BP record is not routed to the END step. If a value is entered for the DE filter and then deleted, the record is sent to the next step with an Approver chosen in the "To" field; however when the Approver tries to approve it, it is routed to the originally entered user, but the record is hung.
If a DE filter is not entered, or is entered then deleted, the BP record should be routed directly to the End step ("Withdrawn" status).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into the Unifier environment.
- Navigate to the affected Project/Shell > User Mode > BP Node > Document BP.
- Click Create and enter the required data, but DO NOT select a value for the Data Element routing filter.
- Send the record.
- Observe the reported routing behavior.
- From the same location as Step 2 above click Create and enter the required data.
- Enter a value for the Data Element routing filter, then delete the value by clicking the X.
- Send the record to the next step, observe that it does not go to the END step.
- Accept the task and send it to the next step, selecting a user for the TO field.
- Have the approver try to approve it, note that the record hangs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document