Error: "Unable to connect to the database. Please run the Database Configuration tool or contact your administrator." After Clicking Disconnect Then Connect From the P6 Professional Login Page Configured For Cloud Connect Using SSO
(Doc ID 2478830.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.7 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 18.7 to 18.8]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.8 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 18.8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to click the disconnect button from the P6 Professional login page (after already having connected using Cloud Connect (client side cache enabled) with Single Sign On (SSO) setup for Cloud Connect), clicking disconnect launches a secondary window (this occurs because a "logout URL" is defined under the configuration in use for Cloud Connect and if simply pointing to the Oracle Service Provider logout URL it will close out the SSO session), but clicking connect on the page to login to the same database or any other database protected by the SSO engine will result in the following error to occur:
"Unable to connect to the database. Please run the Database Configuration tool or contact your administrator."
- Configure an SSO Logout URL under the P6 Professional Cloud Connect Configuration:
- Launch the Administration Application for P6
- Browse to $configuration > application
- Set a logout URL which mimics the following: http://serverhost:port/oam/server/logout?end_url=http://cloudhostname
- Launch P6 Professional login page
- Click an alias configured for:
- Client side cache
- Click Connect
- At the SSO window which launches, authenticate (if using a form based authentication)
- Note, P6 Professional login begins.
- Once P6 Professional is loaded, click File > Exit.
- Click Yes to confirm exit of P6 Professional
- Note, the cache service (Primavera.CacheService.exe) should remain running in background.
- Launch the P6 Professional login page
- Note, the cache service should indicate on page that it is already connected.
- Click Disconnect
- Select Connect
Without a logout URL configured, if you were to select disconnect then try to select connect (without closing and reopening P6 Professional), it will automatically login without first initiating an authentication window (since technically the connection is disconnected).
- This is also not expected.
- You should should see an authentication window loaded to re-authenticate the user.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document