Call Back Task Not Created For One-Click Unsubscribe
(Doc ID 2489325.1)
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 11.13.18.05.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 11.13.18.05 version, Leads, Sales Campaigns
Call Back task not created for One-Click Unsubscribe
Customer created a treatment template in Sales Cloud (Navigator>Setup&Maintenance>Manage Marketing Treatment Templates). I created a new template (named it: Template_X) & added the Response Forms "Do not Contact" & "Request Call Back".
Then, I created a Campaign (Navigator>Sales Campaigns>Create Campaign).In the design step, I chose Template_X & moved to Wrap Up step. In the popup window, in the wrap up, there are options for setting the desired action for each response form added to the Campaign (see attached image).
The "Do not Contact" Response Form that I have included to my template is the Customer Response "One-Click Unsubscribe" in the Wrap up step. For the customer responses "One-click Unsubscribe" & "Request Call Back", I chose the Create Call Back Task as a follow-up action.
I submitted my campaign & tested it by sending it to a contact which is given one of my personal email addresses in the email field. I opened the email as a receiver & clicked first on the "Request Call Back" link. I was redirected to a page where a thank you message appeared. I then clicked on the "Do not Contact" link and I was redirected to a thank you page again.
Then, I logged in to the application & drilled down to the campaign. In the responses tab, both Responses (2 Forward to Friend, 1 One-click Unsubscribe) have been recorded. I drilled down to the contact and then to the Activities associated with that contact, where only one call back task has been created and it was due to the click on the Request Call Back" link. The call back task related to the click on the "Do not Contact" has not been created.
Why has the call back task not been created for the Response Form "Do not Contact"?
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create treatment template (Navigator>Setup&Maintenance>Manage Marketing Treatment Templates>Drill down> add new templat).
2. Add Response Forms "Do not Contact" & "Request Call Back".
3. Create Campaign (Navigator>Sales Campaigns>Create Campaign).
4. In the popup window, add contact (one that can be tested).
5. Move to the design step and add the template you created.
6. Move to the wrap up step and in the dropdown lists of the action field, choose "Create Call Back task" for both "One-click Unsubscribe" & "Request Call Back".
7. Click submit.
8. View the email and click on the "Request Call Back" & then on the "Do not Contact".
9. Log in to the application & navigate to Sales Campaigns (Navigator>Sales Campaigns).
10. Filter with My Completed Sales Campaigns.
11. Drill down on your campaign & in the popup window click on the the Responses tab.
12. Drill down on the contact name.
13. In the new window, open the Activities tab.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, Call Back task not created
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document