Creating Assets through Mass Additions Allows Entry of Duplicate Asset Number (FA-645197)
(Doc ID 2491547.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Assets Cloud Service - Version 11.13.18.05.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Creating assets through Mass Additions allows entry of duplicate asset number
The asset number 'XXXX' already exists. Enter a unique asset number. (FA-645197).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create back dated asset through Add Asset page using the Manual Asset in book B1
Number in book B1:
- Run Depreciation and Create Accounting for book B1;
- Retire the Asset using Retire Assets page;
- Use the Add Asset page to recreate asset using Asset Number in book B2;
- User at this point should receive the error message `The asset number 'a'
already exists. Enter a unique asset number. (FA-645197)¿.
- Use the Add Assets in Spreadsheet - to recreate asset using same asset number in book B2. This time the User was able to create the asset in book B2 with no issues
This thereby breaks the uniqueness constraint which is claimed by the above error message (FA-645197).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document