Cannot Create New Project From Migrated Project Using Create From Project Option
(Doc ID 2494698.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Project Foundation Cloud Service - Version 11.13.18.05.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Copy from project, Migration, Project Template, DFF, Descriptive Flexfield
- Some migrated projects cannot be copied to create new projects using the 'Copy from Project' option.
- When trying to create a new project using Copy from Project, you get the following error:
"A new project or project template cannot be created because of an application error. Contact your help desk. (PJF-2235884)
The project cannot be created because a descriptive flexfield segment value is invalid or a segment is required and the value is missing. (PJF-2236047)
Copy the project descriptive flexfield when you create a project from another project or a template. Ensure that required segments are entered and source segment values are valid. The flexfield segments appear in the Additional Information region of the project or template definition."
- This happens even when disabling the DFF copy functionality when creating the project.
- Creating a project from a template works fine.
- Verified that the DFF attributes which are dependent on another column, use a column number greater than parent column number; e.g.: if Category DFF uses table column ATTRIBUTE10 , then 'Sub-Category' DFF which depends on 'Category' uses table column ATTRIBUTE11 or higher.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to the project list.
2. Click Create Project > From Project.
3. Search for the project.
4. Click Create Project > select 'From Project' and fill out the form. Save.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document