Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - After Importing Paravirtualized Custom Image From Vmware, It is not Booting.
(Doc ID 2508850.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Version N/A to N/A [Release 1.0]
After Importing Paravitualized Custom Image From Vmware the following symptoms could be observed:
- Creating a new instance using the Custom image as paravirtualized is not booting.
- The instance is showing as running (green).
- SSH connection is not working.
- Serial Console seems to be hanging or its is showing boot in dracut shell.
Created a Linux VM on VMware with the following requirements :
- The image must be set up for BIOS boot.
- Only one disk is supported with maximum size 300G and with valid MBR bootloader
- Image should not be encrypted.
- Use vmdk disk. Please note OCI supports ONLY vmdk and qcow2 format
- Import process creates only a single network interface. Make sure network interface uses DHCP
Please refer to OCI Documentation :
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document