Fusion Compensation: Salary : Erratic Approval Behavior For Administer Salary
(Doc ID 2513839.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 10, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Workforce Compensation Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, .Manage Compensation
Erratic Approval Behavior for Administer Salary
We are having an issue with Administer Salary approvals, in which the same employee is submitting transactions and some are routing perfectly fine but some are getting stuck with an In Progress status, but not getting an approval routing. This should not happen based on the approval rules that his transactions would fall under.
The rules are set up (in basic terms) as follows:
1. If requester has x or y role and is not the worker's supervisor go to path 1
2. If there is no case where (requester has x or y role) and is not the worker's supervisor go to path 2
3. if the requester is the worker's supervisor and salary % increase is x go to path 3 through y depending on the % increase.
The requester in question falls within path 1, where they have role x or y and are not the worker's supervisor. When this requester initiates an Administer Salary transaction, it seems like there is just a 50/50 chance of it routing or getting stuck In Progress with no approval routing.
All salary changes should process successfully through the approval process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Manage applies salary change to employee
2. Change is submitted
3. For some employees the approval process works and others fail and show 'In Progress' status and appear stuck
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document