Questions on Receivables Period Closed With Invalid Accounted Receipt
(Doc ID 2521593.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Receivables Cloud Service - Version 11.13.18.05.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Fusion Receivables Cloud Service, version 11.13.18.05.0
Having this business scenario:
1. Conversion Invoice # 0063173-IN created with accounting date of 8/31/18 for $ 22,311.25
2. Invoice #1130 created with accounting date of 7/31/18 for $ -22,311.25
3. 0$ Receipt #1130 created with accounting date of 9/1/18
4. Receipt applied to the transactions on 9/24/18 with an accounting date of 9/1/18
5. Credit Memo #2020 created with an accounting date of 12/18/18 for $ 3,811.25 and applied to the invoice # 1130
6. The Receipt #1130 was in Confirmed status during the period close of Sep-18
7. In Dec 18 period the receipt #1130 was remitted (by creating a receipt remittance batch) and cleared in Cash Management
8. The above step of remitting the receipt assigned the event of receipt remittance the accounting date of 9/1/18 which was in a closed period
Q1: Why does the Create Receipt Remittance program assign a closed period date to the receipt remittance event? Especially, when we do not have any functionality to sweep the transactions to the next period ?
Q2: If the above is the intended functionality of the Receipt Remittance Program then why does AR allow to close the period with Confirmed (not Remitted) receipts that will become a problem later if remitted once the current period is closed?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document