Analytics Users Are Able to Access Unifier Project Data Through an Analytics Analysis After Being Removed From Unifier Projects
(Doc ID 2548733.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2020
Applies to:Primavera Analytics Cloud Service - Version 18.8 to 19.4 [Release 18.8 to 19.4]
Primavera Analytics - Version 18.8 to 18.8 [Release 18.8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After removing access from a Unifier Project/Shell (removing Access Control at the Project/Shell-level), running the Unifier Analytics Publication job and ETL process, the same Unifier/Analytics user still has access to the Project/Shell's data within Analytics.
The expectation is that user's Project/Shell access control permission can be revoked within Unifier which will prevent the Analytics user from accessing project-level data within Analytics when their access is removed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a new user in Unifier (if cloud, create the user in Cloud Administration and assign Analytics and Unifier access)
- Give the user Access Control permission to Analytics in a project/shell.
- Run the Unifier publication and ETL2 process.
- Login to Analytics and create a new Analysis.
- Add some columns to check which project's data can be retrieved (ex: Project Name, BP Name, etc).
- Observe that the user can view data from the project/shell from step 2 above.
- In Unifier, remove the Access Control permission from the project/shell and re-run the publication/etl.
- Login to analytics again with the same user and observe that the user still has access to the project/shell data.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document