User who has been granted the 'Custom Employee Public Profile Role' Cannot see Skills and Qualifications of Different User from the Directory
(Doc ID 2551774.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Profile Management Cloud Service - Version 11.13.19.01.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An Employee cannot see the 'Skills and Qualifications' of another employee, when searching in the directory from:
- Search for a particular employee
- It brings up the "Public Info" screen
- click on "Show More"
- Nothing further is shown
The expected behaviour is that when clicking on "Show More" the "Skills and Qualifications" Menu item will be shown, and that clicking on that will further drill down to Competencies, Languages, Certification etc.
Enhanced Talent Profiles (V2 Profiles) are enabled on the environment. The document "Using Enhanced Talent Profiles Release 19A – Controlled Availability" from Note:2421964.1 has been followed. This note says:
The steps in this note have been followed and a custom role called "Custom Employee Public Profile Role" has been added. However, the employee performing the search cannot see the skills and qualifications of other employees.
- The employee (performing the search) has been granted the "Custom Employee Public Profile Role" (as advised in the above note)
- The correct roles have been entered in the "Manage Profile Content Section Access" for items which will appear under "Skills and Qualifications" (eg. competencies, certifications etc.) For example, content section access has been given to "Custom Employee Public Profile Role" and the custom employee role that the employee is using.
- The roles (which were added to the content section access) have been regenerated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document