RICS: RIB-EXT Component is Loosing Messages When Bounced
(Doc ID 2553313.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Integration Cloud Service - Version 16.0 and later
Oracle Retail Merchandising Foundation Cloud Service - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Retail Integration Bus (RIB) integration with external applications i.e. RIB-EXT is loosing messages when it is bounced and RIB queues are holding messages to be processed.
Steps for the scenario:
1) Stop the adapters of rib-ext component.
2) Publish a particular family messages to Advance Queue (AQ) through source application. Publish a minimum of 100 messages and make sure the corresponding adapter is in scope.
3) Start the corresponding adapter. But immediately shutdown the corresponding rib managed server (rib-ext).
4) Verify how many messages are processed and how many of them are left in AQ. It should match to the total number of messages published.
5) Start the server (rib-ext). See how many messages are processed. Again validate the total count. With this issue, there will be a discrepancy in the count and you will notice that some of the messages are lost and are not processed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!