[OMC] Creating Slack Notification Channel Fails With Error "Channel Name cannot be more than 50 characters in length"
(Doc ID 2554036.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Management Cloud - Version N/A to N/A [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While creating the Slack Notification Channel from Administration --> Notification Channels --> Create Notification Channel, receiving an error message for URL.
Channel name cannot be more than 50 characters in length.
Enter a value in the expected format
Steps to create Slack Notification Channel
1. Log in to your Slack account.
2. Create the incoming WebHook configuration.
3. Click Add Configuration.
4. Select channel under Post to Channel.
5. Click Add Incoming Webhooks Integration.
6. From the confirmation page, capture the WebHook URL. This URL will be required when you create the notification channel in Oracle Management Cloud.
>> You will need to remember the channel name as this will be used when you create the Slack notification channel in Oracle Management Cloud.
Create a Slack Notification Channel :
1. From the Management Cloud side menu, select Administration, and then Notification Channels.
2. On the Notification Channels page, click, Create Notification Channel.
3. Click on the Slack notification channel type and specify the requisite information,.
>> Enter the Channel Name (name of the Slack channel to be displayed in the Oracle Management Cloud console), URL (the Slack URL), and Team Channel (the Slack team channel you are sending the notification to).
4. Click Create. A test message will be sent to Slack to confirm that the integration is working.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document