Web Applications fail with HTTP Error 500 caused by NullPointerException after One of WLS Web Applications Stopped or Undeployed
(Doc ID 2561182.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2021
Applies to:Java Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Web applications on WLS fail with HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error) caused by java.lang.NullPointerException after one of WLS web applications stopped or undeployed.
It reproduces following steps below.
1. Login to WLS Admin Console
2. Deploy both webapp1.war and webapp2.war to a WLS managed server
3. Test webapp1 and webapp2 that work fine
4. Stop (or Undeploy) webapp2
5. Access webapp1 again however it fails with the NPE logged in a WLS managed server log
Latest JCS Patch (e.g. 220.127.116.11.190509) has been applied. (This issue does not occur with the previous JCS Patch JCS Patch 18.104.22.168.190331)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document