Does Manual Procurement of Materials for Work Order Support Lot and Serial Control Items?
(Doc ID 2571334.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Manufacturing Cloud Service - Version 11.13.19.04.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While manually procuring lot controlled materials for work orders, the receipts
do not allow lot entry.
Due to this issue, the lots cannot be issued out to the work order manually since
the material is lot controlled and lot number is required which is not available
since receipt did not have a provision to records lots.
While manually procuring lot controlled materials for work orders, the received
materials can be issued to the work order.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create and release work order
2. Create a requisition to purchase the lot controlled item from supplier
3. Approve the PO.
4. Navigate to Supply Chain Execution > Inventory Management > Task List > Receipt > Receive Expected Shipments
5. Receive the material and putaway.
6. The Record Lot and Serial button is greyed out for this PO.
7. Navigate to Supply Chain Execution > Work Execution > Task List > Review Dispatch List
8. Click on option to 'Issue materials to work order' (Report material transaction)
9. On Clicking the button the purchased material is shown, but cannot be issued since 'Component Lot Number' is empty.
10. Delete the item, the work order can be transacted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document