Deletion of a Project via P6 Web is Possible Even if Someone Else Has Same Project Open.
(Doc ID 2584781.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 17.5 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 17.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Web: If a user has the Delete Projects privilege he will be able to delete a project even if another user has the same project open (Shared mode).
In Professional: If a user has a project open and another user will try to delete it (from Shared mode), the following message will be thrown: "Other users currently have the project open. You may not delete the project".
This message appears only when deleting via Professional, not also via Web.
This means that if a project is open in Read-Only or Shared mode in Professional or Web, it can be deleted by another user, who has the Delete Projects privilege via Web.
The expected behavior would be that when trying to delete the project from P6 Web a message should pop-up in order to not allow the deletion.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into P6 Professional with a user account that has Delete Projects privilege.
- Log into P6 Web with a user account that has Delete Projects privilege and access the same projects as the user above.
- Have the user from Step 2 open a project (in Web).
- Have the user from Step 1 attempt to delete the project (in Professional).
- The user receives the following message: "Other users currently have the project open. You may not delete the project".
- Have the user is Step 1 open the project (in Professional).
- Have the user in Step 2 close the project and then attempt to delete (in Web standard or classic).
- The project disappears from the view, click the Save icon.
- Refresh Pro and the project is gone.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document