Budget Import Results Report Failed Due To Long Budget Entry Name
(Doc ID 2591216.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion General Ledger Cloud Service - Version 11.13.19.01.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 11.13.19.01.0 version, Planning and Budgeting
While transferring Budget , The Import Budget program is Successful where as the Child report Failed with error.
This happens when user put long Budget Entry Name.
Error message:" Processing Exceptions: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or
value error: character string buffer too small ORA-06512: at line 4 "
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to fusion application by user having budgetary control role
2. Navigate to Review Budgetary Control Balances UI
3. Initiate budget transfer
4. Put a very long name(Approx more to 100) in budget entry name field
5. Submit transfer budget. Note ESS process details for Import Budget Amounts
6. Go to schedule processes and review
a) Budget Import Results Report
b) Budget Import Analysis Report BI reports
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document