Cannot Delete Reservations Created With Error "A reservation was not created because the reservation quantity is greater than the available-to-reserve quantity (INV-2415050)"
(Doc ID 2602417.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 17, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Inventory Management Cloud Service - Version 11.13.19.04.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Inventory Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Excess reservations are created against sales order cannot be modified,
though there is an on hand available in the sub-inventory but the available
to reserve does not match. The quantity on sales order for the item mismatches
with the reservation quantity. On attempting to delete the excess reservation the
following error is shown in the mange reservations UI The item is serial
controlled but the reservations are not allowing to record the serial number
with the same error noted below.
A reservation was not created because the reservation quantity is greater
than the available-to-reserve quantity. (INV-2415050)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Submit a sales order.
2. Sales order proceeds to the reservation stage
3. Navigate to Supply Chain Execution > Inventory management >
Task list > Manage Reservations and Picks UI
4. Query for the sales order and item.
5. Click on Actions>Edit Reservations
6. Click on Actions > Record Serial Number information, throws the above error.
7. Attempt to reduce the reservation to 1 and save, throws the above error.
8. Click on 'X' icon to delete the reservation, still throws an error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document