Exadata Cloud: Frequently Asked Questions GI and DB Software Maintenance Planning
(Doc ID 2603901.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2022
Applies to:Gen 1 Exadata Cloud at Customer (Oracle Exadata Database Cloud Machine) - Version N/A to N/A
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A to N/A [Release 1.0]
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Version N/A to N/A [Release 1.0]
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Exadata Cloud Service - Version N/A to N/A [Release N/A]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- GI and DB Software Maintenance Planning: Q/A
Oracle highly recommends that you maintain the same DOMU OS version across your Exadata DB system environment. DomU OS (a.k.a DomU Exadata Software). It is recommended to update to the latest version of the cloud tools before performing any patching operations.
1. How do I check if my Cluster is in good health prior to patching?
2. What is the latest certified Patch available for ExaCC GI & DB software?
3. How do I know what Patch version is available to apply in my Cloud environment?
4. Are there any known critical issues that could impact patching?
5. I have or plan to customize the DB environment, is this concerning?
6. What tools/utilities are used for patching/updating?
7. Should I coordinate with Cloud OPS or Support?
Database Server Software Maintenance Best Practices
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document