GL Allocation Migration Between Environments Error
(Doc ID 2605748.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion General Ledger Cloud Service - Version 11.13.19.07.0 and later
Oracle Fusion General Ledger - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 11.13.19.07.0 version, Capture Transactions-Define Allocations and Period Entries
GL allocation Migration between environments error
When migrate GL allocations between environments according support note "What Are The Steps Required for the Cube, FR Reports and Allocations After a P2T? (Doc ID 2104933.1)".
These allocations are formula based.
During migration child values (members) used in the point of view and formula are corrupted.
In source instance they contain Hierarchy Tree name.
In target instance during migration they are transformed to Hierarchy Tree code format. In this format during validation we get errors like "The members '2-0000,COA_COSTCENTER_ALL-C' are not valid for the dimension 'Cost Center'". This error appear for all dimensions.
In our setups hierarchy name and code are different.
If we edit allocation rule and select all child values manually again then the rule will work fine. But it is not feasible to repeat rule setups after each clone of production environment.
"The members '2-0000,COA_COSTCENTER_ALL-C' are not valid for the dimension 'Cost Center'".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Migrate GL allocations between environments according support note "What Are The Steps Required for the Cube, FR Reports and Allocations After a P2T? (Doc ID 2104933.1)".
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot users cannot deploy and use the migrated allocation rules.
make sure that you unpublished the hierarchy before you made changes to it, and if you did not, please unpublish - put back to original state, then republish, then unpublish - make changes and then republish. As per doc: How To Correctly Delete A Tree Hierarchy (Doc ID 1611640.1)
1. Run the Maintain Value Sets value
In Value set parameter select value set for segment having issue.
2. Run the Maintain Chart of Account Hierarchies program.
3. Run the Publish Account Hierarchies program using the Publish Account Hierarchies page
A) - Go to 'Manage Account Hierarchies' Task from Setup and Maintenance
- Once done, then set tree version status to Active for the segment from Action Menu Item.
- Perform Row flattening and column flattening as follows:
Action > Flatten > Row Flattening >> Force Flattening
Action > Flatten > Column Flattening >> Force Flattening
B) Perform on-line audit for your hierarchy versions
C) Now Publish the active Hierarchy as follows
Steps to Publish Account Hierarchies:
From your implementation project, Navigate > Define Common Applications Configuration > Define Enterprise Structures for Financials > Define Financial Reporting Structures > Define Chart of Accounts > Publish Account Hierarchies > Go to Task. Use the Publish Account Hierarchies page to search and publish account hierarchies.
- Select the Publish check box for the segmentXX in Chart of Account. This is an indicator of what to include in balances cube by selecting the check box or what you don't want to include in balances cube by removing the check from the checkbox.
- Select the rows. Functionality allows for select multiple rows to be selected.
- Select the Publish button to update the balances cubes.
A process is generated.
- Navigator > Tools > Scheduled Processes to monitor the process, make sure process is completed successfully
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document