Performance Degradation Experienced When Editing Activity Name / WBS Name / Adding EPS / Scheduling
(Doc ID 2611998.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 18, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 19.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After opening a Project which contains 10000+ nested WBS levels, grouping the Activity page by WBS, then clicking the Layout drop-down, Expand All (to expand all WBS levels), saving the Layout will result in 10000+ objects being added to the CollapseDeltas() property in the Layout blob field.
This downstreams into performance degradation when applying this large CollapseDeltas() property to the grid.
For example, the following actions (but not limited to these actions) will result in PM.exe activity (CPU will spike) creating a negative perception to application responsiveness:
- Clicking Enter after editing an activity name.
- Loading the Group and Sort by window.
- Loading the Columns Window.
- Loading the Open Layout window.
- Editing other pages, such as WBS name on WBS page.
P6 Professional performance should not be degraded when applying a large CollapseDeltas() property of the Activity Layout to grid.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open a large Project which contains over 10000+ WBS elements.
2. On the Activities page, group by WBS.
3. Expand all WBS levels (Layout, Expand All).
4. Save Layout changes.
5. Expand all WBS levels a second time (Layout, Expand All).
6. Save Layout a second time.
Note, the CollapseDeltas() property in the Layout should have over 10000+ objects per WBS stored in the Layout. P6 Professional responsiveness will now dramatically slow performing most actions in the application (all relative to PM.exe processing).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document