Territory Assignment Based In Territory DCL
(Doc ID 2614761.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 11.13.19.07.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Business requirements to assign the opportunity's territories that they want to review:
- Opportunity's territories have to be assigned manually by each user.
- Users can assign only the territories where they belong to.
- All the territory team members should be added to the opportunity team on the assignment.
The current development does the following:
- A DCL field based on Sales Territories is exposed.
- Users are in their assigned territory teams, so the DCL is filtered based in Territory Resources.
- For each territory defined, we also define a value in "Sales Channel" lookup territory with the same Name.
- On territories we enabled "Sales Channel" as dimension, and for each opportunity we assigned its correspondant Sales Channel value.
- A groovy script assigns to Sales Channel the value corresponding with the name of the territory chosen in the DCL before saving.
- After saving, territory assignment runs for the opportunity, so based in Sales Channel dimension, it assigns the Territory chosen in DCL.
Territories in our organization are live entities, so each time we create or modify a territory, we have to add/edit Sales channel lookup, enable dimensions and reassign terrritory dimensions. This are too many maintenance steps that want to reduce.
We understand there is a simpler development using rule based assignment, but we have to know if:
- Rule based territory assignment can be based in a DCL field?
- Territory version Id or Territory Id from DCL may be used to assign the territory based on rules?
- Rule based territory assignment does assign the territory team to opportunity's?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document