How to Configure / Run ORDS for SQL Developer Web and APEX in Standalone Mode: ORDS 19.4 +
(Doc ID 2628004.1)
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle REST Data Services - Version 19.4 and later
Oracle SQL Developer Web - Version 19.4 and later
Oracle Application Express (APEX) - Version 5.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document is an overview on how to configure and run ORDS standalone for SQL Developer Web using the command line interface. It also includes the steps related to setting up APEX, since the ability to run APEX as well as SQL Developer Web is a common requirement. If you do not have APEX but want to set up SQL Developer Web, please see <Note 2636617.1> - How to Configure / Run ORDS for SQL Developer Web in Standalone Mode: ORDS 19.4 +.
The document makes the following assumptions:
* ORDS is being configured and tested on the database server.
* ORDS schemas (ORDS_METADATA and ORDS_PUBLIC_USER) do not already exist on the database.
* The user being configured for SQL Developer Web (SDW) is DEMO.
* APEX has already been installed on the target database, and the location of the installation media is known.
If ORDS is installed on a different server / host machine the APEX static files from the installation media must be copied to the server.
At the end of this document, you should be able to bring up the SDW login page and log in as a database user.
- The <ORDS_PORT> is 8080, and the schema used for SQL Developer Web (SDW) is DEMO.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Configure ORDS Standalone for the Target Database|
|Enabling a Schema for SDW|