Fusion Absence Management: How to Build a Custom Security Role for Scheduled Processes Related to Absences?
(Doc ID 2636805.1)
Last updated on MAY 29, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Time and Labor Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.01.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Time and Labor - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Absence Management Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.01.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Absence Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note was created for Release 126.96.36.199.0. The note has been reviewed and is current for release 11.13.21.01.0.
The user does not want to schedule processes via an employee user account (because employee may leave) so instead the user set up a central user account
under which all regularly scheduled processes will be run.
This account should not be able to perform other tasks in the system other than scheduling processes, so the account is given a role that contains only:
- Functional Security Policy: Manage Scheduled Processes
- Role: ESS Administration
- This role gives the user exactly what is needed in terms of only seeing the Schedule Processes tile. However, when the user tries to run certain processes they run parameters that are normally seen are absent. The missing processes are:
- Generate Daily Breakdown of Absence Details
- Calculate Accruals and Balances
- Update Accrual Plan Enrollments
- Evaluate Group Membership
- Regenerate Data Security Grants
What duties are needed to allow the central user account to set parameters for these Enterprise Scheduler Service (ESS) jobs?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document