Fusion Global HR: Pre-Upgrade Instructions to Customize the BIP Report Templates , Only Report Template is Customized
(Doc ID 2638773.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 30, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 11.13.20.01.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To improve the performance of the HCM BIP notifications we have made a very large number of performance improvements to BIP notifications in the 20B such as enabling "SQL Pruning" using Common PlSQL API to retrieve the attributes from Compare/Business Data, native XMLTYPE on DATA Cache instead of Clob Domain which will have an impact on the BIP seeded artifacts Reports and Data Models.
Customize Data Models for all of its customized Report Templates
Customize Data Models for all of its customized Report Templates i.e., Only Report Template is customized and associated data model is not customized.
1) Login to xmlpserver by following the URL - https://<hostname>/xmlpserver/
2) Navigate to custom workflow notifications folder path : /Shared Folders/Custom/Human Capital Management/Workflow Notifications/
Verify if "Workflow Notifications" folder is exists or not. If no "Workflow Notifications" folder exists or "Workflow Notifications" folder exists and is empty then can skip the process.
3) For Example in the customer pod we have below scenario CreatePositionReport Template is customized and its Data Model ManagePositions.xdm is NOT customized.
From Report Template name CreatePositionReport Find out all the corresponding associated Data Model Name from the Report Template - Data Model Mapping Information Table
Customize the Data Model to move the artifact to the custom folder.
Before Customizing the Data Model check in custom folder "Workflow Notifications" for that Report Template is customized or not, if already customized do not customize again to avoid overriding of the file.
- Follow the below steps to customize the data model
For Data Model, first check whether this data model is not present under Custom Folder Path/Data Models, then navigate to the seeded folder and then go to Data Models folder, search for the ManagePositions data model. We will not have a customize option just like the reports, but instead we do a copy paste in the custom folder, Click on More → Copy, then Navigate to the custom folder. If the Data models folder is present, then paste to that folder or otherwise, create a folder by selecting Workflow Notifications folder and then expand the + icon and select Folder option. Give the Folder Name as "Data Models" which matches with the seeded folder Data Models folder name and then click on create. Then paste the data model to this folder.
- Navigate to Custom Data Models folder ( /Shared Folders/Custom/Human Capital Management/Workflow Notifications/Data Models ) and paste the data model
If the Data Model already present in the Custom Data Model folder with the same name then skip the pasting again into Custom Data Model for that Data Model.
- Alternative way to customize the data model is to download the data model from seeded folder and then navigate to the custom Data Models folder, then upload the data model which was downloaded initiall
Perform the steps for all the Reports Templates in the Custom Workflow Notifications Template
If there are any Reports or Data Models in the custom folder other than the ones mentioned in the mapping page, then no need to move their corresponding artifacts to custom folder as they are not the seeded artifacts.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document