Poor Performance - Delay Or Frozen Screens And Hangs On Simple View Changes
(Doc ID 2646571.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 19.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After an upgrade from 18.x to 19.10, P6 EPPM tasks are taking 3-5times longer than they should - based on prior version performance.
Examples of poor performance:
- Virtually any task in P6EPPM 19.10 will produce the performance issue.
- View changes, Tab changes are extremely slow to respond/load.
- Any layout/view change and toggle between EPS, Activities, and Administration results in a Google Chrome "pages unresponsive" prompt.
- These issues occur with 27 projects open. But, there is no improvement with only 2-3 projects open.
- Example of switching layouts/views between my Resource Gantt and Details views.
In V18.x it may have taken 5-10 seconds to load (and never threw a Google Chrome "pages unresponsive" prompts).
In v19.x, users have to cycle through 2-3 Chrome "pages unresponsive" prompts. And could take up to one minute or more to load.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot effectively work in P6Web.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document