Save As Item Creation Not Copying All Item Attachments
(Doc ID 2662206.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Product Development Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Fusion Product Development:220.127.116.11.0
When attempting to perform a Save As on an Item that has a number of attachments, the following issue occurs.
The Save As process will create the new item, however it will not copy all attachments from the source item to the new item
-- Expected Behaviour
The customer expects that when performing a Save As, that all attachments from the source item will be copied to the new item.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Product Development
2. Manage Items -> Search for an Item
3. Open the Item
4. Ensure the Item has several attachments (In the customer's case 14 attachments)
5. Select Actions -> Save As
6. Provide the new item name, description, and enable attachments for copying
7. Save and Close
8. When the new item opens, navigate to the Attachments tab
9. Notice that all the attachments on the source item did not get copied to the new item
-- Business Impact
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use the Save As functionality to create items with a larger number of attachments.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document