Incorrect Behaviour When Changing the Manager of an Employee in a Position Synced Position (which has Multiple Incumbents in the Parent Position)
(Doc ID 2684953.1)
Last updated on APRIL 22, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 11.13.20.01.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the "Change manager" task to change the manager of an employee in a position-synced position (which has no manager at the position level), the list of possible managers displayed is incorrect.
- There is a position X which has no manager on it.
- This position has a parent position (Y) which has 2 incumbents.
- Position sync settings are set to "Use HCM Position Hierarchy" for manager
- When someone is hired into position X, they will be allocated one of the incumbents of position Y as their manager.
- The incumbent of the parent position who will become the manager, will be determined by the system (eg. the incumbent who has been longest in position Y). This is working as expected.
- If the HR specialist then subsequently wishes to change the manager (to another incumbent of the parent position) from:
My client groups/Person Management/search for the person, bring up their record and choose 'update'
- They can only chose to alter the manager to be one of the incumbents of the parent position (this is correct behaviour)
However, if the HR specialist attempts to change the manager via the new responsive UI task "Change Manager" from:
my client groups/show more/scroll down to 'Employment'/change manager
or if the current line manager attempts to change the manager from:
my team/click on the employee/Actions/Change Manager
then at the step to choose the desired manager, they are shown a list of everyone, and not just the incumbents of the parent position - this is incorrect behaviour.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document