Back to Back Orders Have Negative Available to Reserve Quantity and Pick Release Throws the Error "Available to reserve should positive and allow pick release to complete. "
(Doc ID 2686803.1)
Last updated on JULY 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Manufacturing Cloud Service - Version 11.13.20.01.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Available to reserve quantity shows negative The item and lot with this issue
has positive onhand while having positive available to transact. The item is manufactured through a back to
back order. This organization does not have locator controlled sub-inventories. The material status of the
lot and sub-inventory allows reservation and has sales order pick transaction enabled. There is no reservations
shows for this item and lot in the 'Manage Reservations' UI. The pick release completes with warning and cannot be
staged/released to back to back order.
Available to reserve should positive and allow pick release to complete.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a back to back sales order and submit it.
2. Sales order creates supply order to create a work order
3. Complete the work order for the finished good
and generate lot number for this item.
4. Submit the pick release.
5. Pick release completes in warning.
6. Navigate to Supply Chain Execution > Inventory Management
> Task List > Inventory > Manage Item Quantities
7. Search for the item, in inventory organization.
8. Click on 'View Item Availability'
9. See 'Available to Reserve' quantity is negative.
10. Navigate to Task list > Manage Reservations
11. Search for Item and lot in the organization.
12. Returns no records.
13. Try to create a reservation for the item against sales order
and throws the error.
'A reservation was not created because the reservation quantity
is greater than the available-to-reserve quantity. (INV-2415050)'
14. There is are pending transactions in 'View Pending Transactions' UI
15. Navigate to Manage Lots and Subinventory setup and both are
associated to same material status.
16. Navigate to Setup and Maintenance > Manage Material Statuses
and query the status shows the 'Availability' allows reservation and
'Sales Order Pick' transaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document